Every year, I fly in and out of the Reno Tahoe International Airport about 4-5 times. Over the last year they have done a complete remodel and organization of the flow of passengers both coming and going. Even with this added convenience, I must admit that flying out of Reno is not always easy due to the lack of non-stop flights. The good news is that Andy Wirth, president and Chief Executive of Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, was elected to the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority and his main goal is to create more non-stop flights. You would think with 3.5 million passengers in 2012 coming into the Reno Tahoe airport and region would be enough persuasion, but we do lose out on markets that cannot fly direct. With a ski resort and resort community representative helping to make decisions, we only have room to grow.
Some interesting facts about our airport:
• Approximately 12,000 passengers arrive/depart daily
• Approximately 124 Commercial Airline arrivals/departures daily
• 1929 Boeing Transport built the airport
• 1936 United Airlines purchased from Boeing Transport
• 1953 The City of Reno purchased from United Airlines
To learn more visit: http://renoairport.com/airport-authority