Mountainside at Northstar is the ideal year-round staging destination for all of your Tahoe adventures. Now that summer is upon us, I want to share some of the fun and exciting activities available to you and your family while you are in the beautiful Truckee/Tahoe area.
1. Paddleboard around Speedboat Beach and Crystal Bay – Paddleboard from Kings Beach to the rock formations around Speedboat Beach and you will find yourself in one of the most photographed and idyllic settings in all of Lake Tahoe. Paddleboard rentals and guided tours are available at TahoePaddle (15 minutes from Mountainside).
2. Build a sand castle on Moon Dunes beach – A great place to set up for a family afternoon, Moon Dunes has perfect sand castle sand and the water is shallow, making it a perfect swimming hole for the little ones. Enjoy fun filled family day at Moon Dunes Beach (15 minutes from Mountainside).
3. Run, hike or mountain bike on the TMT trail -The TMT trail (Tomkins Memorial Trail) runs through Northstar, the Martis Valley, and connects to endless trail systems that can take you all the way to Lake Tahoe. Trails are well marked, user friendly, and provide a serene tour through nature. You can take a quick 45 minute stroll or make it an all day adventure. Click here for more information about hiking and mountain biking in the Northstar Resort area (out your door from Mountainside).
4. Enjoy the festivities at Truckee Thursdays – Every Thursday throughout the summer from June 12 to August 21, from 5-9 p.m. you can enjoy fun for the whole family! Truckee Thursdays have a full farmers market, arts & crafts, live music, local eats, face painting, and more. Adults can enjoy the beer garden and wine tastings as well (15 minutes from Mountainside).
5. Enjoy a summer concert at PJ’s Restaurant at Gray’s Crossing – PJ’s Restaurant at Gray’s Crossing in Truckee will hosts a 12-week free outdoor music series beginning June 24th. Enjoy live music from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday throughout the summer. The concert is hosted with outdoor seating, so bring your own chairs and/or blanket to relax on the lawn area. Click here to view dates and concert information (15 minutes from Mountainside).
Wishing you and your family happy summer adventures,