Numbers tend to show us what consumers are looking for, and lately the trends looks like it’s all about purchasing the latest and greatest. And Gray’s Crossing is a wonderful representation of this, with half of the homes sales being brand new homes, and a majority being less than 5 years old.
In my opinion, Gray’s Crossing is still the best kept secret in Truckee because of a few rare and alluring features. It not only includes new homes, but it is nestled in a one of a kind setting; with access to private amenities, just steps away from downtown, and a lighter snow load than its neighbors.
- The community is 600 acres with 377 homesites.
- Sectioned to incorporate all aspects of the area: The Meadows, The Ridge, The Woods, and The Bluffs. The key areas of this community solidifies the idea that each buyer has a different preference in location.
- The Meadows: Perfect for those looking for an open landscape preference.
- The Ridge & The Woods: A beautiful forest backdrop with views of the golf course.
- The Bluffs & The Woods: For the buyer who appreciates privacy.
- An extensive hiking and biking trail system integrated throughout the community.
As mentioned above, the amenities include a heated lap pool, hot tubs, steam rooms, locker rooms, and fitness facility. These are all strictly for Gray’s Crossing Homeowners, making it very community oriented and private. PJ’s Restaurant and Gray’s Crossing Golf Course are open to the public, and make wonderful additions to this property. The Peter Jacobson/Jim Hardy Championship Golf Course is one of the highlights, with it’s resort course feel and setting. I enjoy the fact that the greens are true and the fairways are vast enough for the average player to enjoy a fun round of golf. PJ’s Restaurant is 70% outdoor seating, making it the ideal sunset dining experience.
Of the 20 sales that Gray’s Crossing has seen this year, an average of 7 homes were sold per quarter and the year-to-date average sale price being $1,326,500. Gray’s is seeing consistent sales because it has a sweet spot in pricing. If you want a brand new home in any newer golf course community within Truckee, you will be looking to spend an upwards of $2,000,000. And a strong point being, the HOA dues are below $100/month and include private amenity access. Overall, the Tahoe-Truckee market delivered the first ever back-to-back months, (August and September), with over 200 residential closings as well as September being the first month to ever crest $200,000,000 in sales volume.
Visit our Q3 2017 landing page for market updates on all of our core communities.